I thought I would start with sharing some Facts about CHD that you may not know, and let you know some ways you can support the Thousands of children and families who battle CHD in Australia and around the world. During next week, I will share with you our store, Katies story and my Story as her Mumma.
BUT for now here are some facts you may or may not of known about CHD.
- Eight babies are born with a heart defect in Australia every day. That is almost 3,000 every year!
- Childhood heart disease is one of the biggest killers of children under the age of one.
- Approx half of children diagnosed with heart disease require surgery to correct the defect.
- Each week more than 4 Australians pass away as a result of a congenital heart defect.
- It is estimated that 32,000 children (under 18 years of age) are currently living with CHD in Australia.
- Some children acquire heart conditions during childhood, e.g. cardiomyopathy, Kawasaki disease or as a result of rheumatic fever.
- A disproportionate number of indigenous children suffer from acquired heart disease – often as a result of rheumatic fever, which is prevalent in many communities.
YOU CAN HELP
You can help raise much needed Awareness, & Funds for family support, also funds that enable more research into the causes along with a cure for CHD by supporting fundraising events like Sweetheart Day
Many other business’s across Australia are also supporting Heart kids across Australia.
Take Care, and remember LIFE is Precious.